What is the PE Premium/ Sports Funding?
The PE Premium is ring fenced money provided by the Government to improve the quality of provision in Primary School PE across the country. It is funded by the Department for Education, Department for Health and the Department for Culture, Media and Sport and for the academic year 2019-20 is worth £320 million across the country.
How can schools spend their allocated PE Premium funding?
Schools must use the funding to improve the provision or the quality of Primary PE and sport that they offer. This may include:
- developing or adding to the PE and sports activities already offered
- make improvements now to the provision that will benefit pupils joining in future years
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with the school
- provide existing staff with training and/or resources to enable them to teach PE more confidently and effectively
- introduce new sports and activities and encourage more children to take up sports
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending sports clubs/holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- run sports competitions
- increase pupil participation in school games
- run sports activities with other schools
Allocation for Market Field School and how it has been spent:
PE Premium Report and Funding 2018-19.pdf
PE and Sports Funding impact report 2016-17.pdf